Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Trinidad - Cigar Box Guitar




I chose the cigar box guitar because I love how cigar boxes look. They have really great artwork and I also like how the writer of the make article said he makes them for children that can't afford musical instruments. I like the idea of providing inexpensive music instruments for kids. I am thinking I will use heavy illustration (similar to an old cigar box style) and maybe a photo or very photorealistic looking cigar box guitar. I also wanted to give the poster the feel of an old rock and roll poster. I think I could accomplish the by using a silhouette of a rock star holding a guitar maybe? I like the idea of a silhouette because it gives the feeling that the rock star could be anyone. I was thinking about having a tag line with a play on words. Something like Rock 'N Rolling (as in rolling cigars) or something having to do with Heavy Metal and wooden cigar boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment