The Book I chose is Paper Towns by John Green
High school senior Quentin Jacobsen (known to his friends as "Q") has been in love with his neighbor, the mysterious, beautiful, and adventuresome Margo Roth Spiegelman for as long as he can remember. So when one night she appears at his window to ask for his help in playing revenge pranks, he can't refuse. The two travel to Margo's ex-friend Becca's house, where Margo's boyfriend is cheating on her, along with her boyfriend's house, the house of an old bully, and Sea World, where Margo and Q dance together to an old song playing on the loudspeaker. At the end of the night, Margo leaves Q with a hug and says, "I. Will. Miss. Hanging. Out. With. You."
The next day at school, Q is hardly surprised that Margo isn't there. But when no one sees her for days, Q and his friends Radar and Ben, with the help of Margo's best friend, Lacey, begin searching for the clues Margo has left for Q. Based on these clues, Q, Radar, Ben, and Lacey try to find her. The third part of the story, "The Vessel", is about their road trip. After twenty-one hours of driving they arrive in Agloe, New York. There, they find Margo and discover that she did not want to be found. The clues had not been meant to lead her friends to her, but rather to show Q the abandoned subdivision in which she used to hang out.
The book is named for "paper towns", fictitious towns which are added to maps to protect against copyright infringement.
1. I was thinking of showing a cul-de-sac which would double as a map showing their adventure the night before Margo disappears.
2. This one is based off one of the book covers. I was thinking of having the jacket fold out into a map and some how in the folds have the clues Margo left Q. I couldnt add it in the drawing because I have to reread the book to find out what exactly the clues are.
3. I was thinking of having all list of things Margo and Q buy at walmart that they need during the course of their adventure and as you unfold there is a different thing showing.
4. This one is also based off of one of the book covers. I was thinking about putting the cross roads of the fictitious town Margo is hiding in.
5. Here is just a row of identical houses which Margos refers to as fake like a paper town. I was also thinking that maybe some how the houses could pop out once the poster was laying out.
6. I was thinking that somehow I can have a the whole eastern coast fold into the book jacket. Here I would show their road trip to find Margo. I would also incorporate things that happened along the way.